Sunday, October 23, 2005

What motivates you?

People say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.

~ Zig Ziglar (speaker and author)

What motivates you?

Dreams of success?


The smiles on your loved one's faces?

Money? (Not having enough? Or wanting to accumulate more?)

Avoiding pain? (Prevention or alleviation?)

Looking good in the eyes of others? Or feeling good about yourself and what you have accomplished?

Acting on your spiritual or ethical values?

Different things can motivate us in particular circumstances. I am motivated to change the sheets on my bed by remembering the feel of crawling into a fresh bed. I am motivated to balance my checkbook because I want to avoid overdraft charges.

Sometimes my motivation directs me toward the outcome, and other times my motivation encourages me away from consequences I don't like. It is good to know whether we respond better to "toward" or "away from" motivations in each situation. Then we can better organize for success.

Think about some situations in your own life. Are you motivated by "toward" or "away from"? Then, tell me what works for you.


Your energy coach,
Wanda Tucker

No comments:

Statcounter